Nothing to do till dawn….
Stolen from somewhere…In this postmodern age, pastiche and collage are all so usual and clicheed. bleh..So, in true LiveJournal spirit of excessive honesty…
i n f o r m a t i o n
1. name: raj (among others)…all my (real) names are three-syllabled. Can’t you hear my ecstatic cries of joy and gratitude?
2. single or taken: single (perhaps for ever)
3. sex: male
4. birthday: 12/06
5. sign: gemini (western), rooster (chinese)
6. siblings: 1 younger sister
7. hair colour: black (and – *sigh* – some white hairs)
8. eye colour: dark brown
9. shoe size: 44 or 10, depending on the country.
10. height: 5’9″ (I think)
11. hometown: Beau-Bassin, Mauritius
r e l a t i o n s h i p s
1. who is your best friend?: dunno, my computer, perhaps? my books? Are you my friend?
2. do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?: no.
why should I, when I have such a meaningful and exciting life!?
3. longest relationship?: 2 and a half years.
4. do you indulge in random hook-ups?: no. I wouldn’t even know how to start, for one. It’s not me, if you see what I mean.
5. still have feelings for anyone you’ve been in a past relationship with?: yes.
f a s h i o n | s t u f f
1. where is your favourite place to shop?: Amazon.co.uk, Morrisons,
the local sex-shop, chinese supermarket, etc.
2. have any tattoos or piercings?: none whatsoever; I used to fancy having a tattoo somewhere on my body. Where? Don’t Ask.
3. what is your favourite thing to wear?: blue jeans, anything black, though I’m slowly opening up to alternative colours and styles, as long as they include black. Did I say I liked black?
4. what is a must have accessory?: my mobile phone, and these days, my flat key. I usually also carry my camera when i go out during the day. Sometimes, I even take my head with me.
5. how much is the most you’ve ever spent on a single item of clothing?: never more than £25 or so. I feel guilty if any item exceeds £10.
6. do you match your belt with your hair colour: what kind of question is that? Errm, no. But incidentally, my belt does match the colour of my hair. It must be Divine Providence!!! Hallelujah!
7. what are you wearing right now?: blue jeans and an even (dark) bluer t-shirt, which features a funny picture of a palm tree, miscellaneous amorphous graphics which I assume to be seafood, one boat and a small sun, under which the words “Summertime” and “Mauritius” are written. Yep, sadly, here again, my country finds itself objectified and reduced to a few exotic graphics! Why are you looking at me like that? I’m enjoying the Mauritian summer by proxy..
8. how many pairs of shoes do you own?: 3, two of which are in a very sorry state.
s p e c i f i c s
1. do you do drugs?: Do I need any, hehehe!! No, i don’t do drugs, unless coffee and chocolate qualify as ‘drugs’, in which case, I have reached the (*drumroll and ominous lightning flashes*) Point of No Return!!! Excuse me while I munch on another kitkat…
2. what kind of shampoo do you use?: lemme see…used to be ‘Pantene something’ back home…Now it’s something called Alberto (???) VO5 Shampoo, which “refreshes and revives normal hair”… frightening!
3. what are you most scared of?: I used to hate spiders: they have more legs than I do. I am sometimes unsettled by heights and by custard and other gooey and sticky foodstuffs.
4. what are you listening to right now?: a combination of sounds: my laptop humming; my flatmate talking to his invisible girlfriend; the guy living above my room scraping his feet against the carpet.
5. who is the last person that called you?: my aunt. No one else phones. No One. They wait for me to call back. hah!
6. how many buddies are online right now?: Two of my friends: one is in Singapore and one is in Australia. All the rest are snoring peacefully in the arms of Morpheus (no, not the one from The Matrix!)
7. what are essentials in your life?: good books, friends, family, good health, being true to myself, doing my duty and fulfilling my responsibilities, freedom, self-expression, good food, love and companionship.
8. if you had the power to do any one thing, what would it be?: To make people attain enlightenment; to get rid of so many of our human flaws, to … (ok, ok, one thing right?)
h a v e | y o u | e v e r
1. smoked?: no. Never have, and never will. I can’t stand cigarette smoke. Mountain air will suffice for my sensitive respiratory organs.
2. bungee jumped?: no. I live a very sedate and boring life. You try bungee-jumping; tell me about it afterwards.
3. made yourself throw up?: actually I’ve tried. Not successfully.
4. cried when someone died?: yes…but much, much after the event.
5. fallen for your best friend?: no, but the one I *rose* for became my best friend.
6. rejected someone?: yes, a long time ago.
7. used someone?: define ‘used’. Most of us are egotists and self-centred. How often do we whole-heartedly participate in something that does not directly engage with our self-interest?
c u r r e n t
1. hair: short, with a life of its own, inhabited by sentient dandruff. I suspect that a entire civilisation has emerged in my hair since the last time I washed it (The Deluge, as the inhabitants of this hairy microcosm call it).
2. music: what do you mean? Current taste? or what I’m listening to now? I listen to most types, from traditional Indian to new age to electronica to rock and techno. Let’s just say traditional Karnatic music.
3. make-up: none; but occasional lip balm prevents my lips from getting too chapped in this cold country and prevents bleeding. Yay!
4. annoyance: having to pack up for tomorrow morning; the dirty, dirty kitchen!!!, the accummulation of 2p coins in my wallet; getting through one assignment: I’m such a happy chappie!
5. scent: clean and fresh: what did you think!? I do take showers, you know! Not much of a deodorant or perfume guy, but I’m sure I’ve got some Brut lotion among the various strata of my possessions.
6. desktop picture: a very cool pic of Saraswati, the Goddess of Knowledge.
7. dvd in player: none. Lend me some. and some money, too, while you’re at it.
8. colour of toenails: blue-black…hehe, nope, the usual colour, I’m afraid. Though they’ve become pretty hard to clip these days…why am I telling this!?